This blog is a companion to the Database of Volunteers of Essendon and Flemington

Friday, September 12, 2014

Mentioned in Top 50 Blogs for 2014

From Inside History Magazine

"The list was judged on a number of criteria: such as originality, quality of content, historical accuracy, use of photographs, useability, interaction with audience and sheer passion. They are presented in alphabetical order, rather than in terms of merit".

'The Empire Called and I Answered' is listed at 42, which as everyone knows is the Meaning of Life!  

Coool!

8 comments:

  1. A worthy inclusion. You are doing fantastic work recording our history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! As my mentor, I think you should be pleased to see both our blogs in the top 50 list! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jill, a huge effort on your part to compile the list. Thank you, Vicki, I always enjoy your blog (and make myself a nuisance on it from time to time!)
    Thank you Cheryl, I take personal credit for all your work! And it was actually Vicki who got me started blogging all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lenore! So glad to see you are getting the recognition you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jenny. Your turn next year, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. most definitely well deserved Lenore, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kerryn, I am afraid I was far too absorbed in my own presence there, closely followed by the discovery of the newspaper "Winners" on Trove, to spot your blog in the winners list as well, so congratulations yourself. I sat down yesterday with Inside History open at the Top 50 blogs with the intention of looking through all the ones with which I am not familiar - and it is still sitting there open and untouched while I am having fun with other "Winners"! All good fun, and am looking forward to trawling through the Top 50 as well.

    ReplyDelete