This blog is a companion to the Database of Volunteers of Essendon and Flemington

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pandora - Australia's Web Archive




The Empire Called and I Answered website was selected for preservation in the National Library of Australia Pandora Web Archive by the Australian War Memorial. This title is scheduled to be re-archived regularly. The archived website can be seen here.

 The Pandora Archive is an interesting place to browse for Australian websites, both defunct and current, and is sorted into subject areas, such as History.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Your site is a worthy addition to Pandora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jill. (I thought so too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lenore, well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lenore...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kerryn and Crissouli. It has been a bit of a drawn-out process. I was nominated by the AWM about two years ago, completed the paperwork, then NUTHIN'. The paperwork slipped between the cracks. In January this year the website was nominated for a second time by the NLA, so I rang them and explained that I had already signed the papers for the AWM. They chased up the original paperwork. I very much wanted the website to be preserved but it took several more emails and five months and finally whatever the problem was has been resolved. Perhaps it was technical, but I am pleased we got there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That explains it. I was very surprised that your website wasn't already in Pandora.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic news! What a labour of love that project must be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Alex - though I suspect there is a fine line to be drawn between love and obsessive/compulsive disorder. But I trundle on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Lenore. Common sense really!

    ReplyDelete